Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hotel Righi video, part 7 - the end?

(The Hotel Righi [ree-gee] project was a set of renderings I collaborated on back in 2007. Now that I have some free time, I'm turning it into a short fly-through video.)

assorted frames
(click to view full-res)

This project was suspended a few months ago due to lack of hardware resources, and I've been working on other stuff since. Continuing Righi will require the purchase of a more hefty computer, which I'm not ready to do; so it might be some time before I'm able to return to this project, or I might never return to it.

Here at the halfway/end-point of the project, I wanted to compile what I've completed so far, so there's a semi-satisfying conclusion. The video is composed of low-quality (i.e., fast renders) test frames from various production stages, so it jumps, flickers, swims, and shimmers.

Uncompleted stages include ...
  • low-altitude detailing of roads, buildings, and landscaping
  • animated cars, people, birds, butterflies, and a trolley
  • and the camera animation needs to be smoothed out
  • and the foreground clouds should probably be re-sculpted. They look a little cartoony

 
progress video from project halfway point
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment